Situated in a small valley towards the sea, the Surfcamp is placed in the centre of Buggerru. This place is a former mining village in the immediate vicinity of Capo Pecora and the long fine sandy beaches of Portixeddu and San Nicolò. The Henry Gallery and the small port next to it served to carry away mined minerals, which were taken from the adjacent mine.
In this stunning surrounding area the surf house offers the possibility to spend some fantastic days related to sporting activities.
The environment and the beauty of the Sulcis-Iglesiente region are providing perfect conditions to do sport and join the fun or to simply have a wonderful relaxing time.
Besides surfing and as a guest of our Buggerru Surf School you can also join in SUP, kayak or boat excursions as well as you can discover the sea while snorkeling or fishing.
This region has a lot of activities to suggest to explore its beauty. Such as trips on horseback, trips by bike or even trekking and 4×4 off-road. Or just go for a walk and enjoy your time far away from the stress of the city.
Cala Domestica, a unique beauty among the bays of wild Sardinia, is absolutely worth a visit and will envelop you in its beauty. Explore the magnificent panoramas, fantastic beaches and crystal clear water. Go and see the temple of Antas, a famous archaeological site and pay a visit to Su Mannau, which is one of the most extensive and deepest grottoes in Italy. Last but not least there is Fluminimaggiore, a village in the vicinity of Buggerru and a place which shouldn’t be missed by anyone who is interested in archaeology and speleology.
As a guest of our Surf House you can take advantage of discounts in some of the nearby restaurants, where you can learn about the rich tradition of the Sardinian cuisine and enjoy its typical flavors.
- Sardinia can be reached quickly and easily, either by plane or by car + ferry from the Italian mainland.
- The island offers a variety of surf spots and probably the greatest wave safety in the Mediterranean region.
- The camp leaders and coaches are local surfers who know the coast inside out. On Sardinia this knowhow is worth its weight in gold!
- No long journeys: the surf spot is right on your doorstep and the nearest break is just around the corner at the beach.
- Authentic place directly at the sea, away from the masses. Bella Italia!
The spacious surf house welcomes you with a familiar and cozy atmosphere.
You can relax and recover while making yourself comfortable on the sofa or in the beautiful garden. Staying in the surf house is an ideal opportunity for everyone who has a passion for sport, surfing above all, and is looking for an exciting and remarkable experience. But it’s also suitable for someone who likes to go on a surfing holiday and pass some days enjoying one of the most beautiful coasts in Sardinia.
The landscape of Sardinia with its bays and steep cliffs is breathtaking and an absolute paradise for surfing. Our instructors have more than 20 years of surf experience and can guarantee varied lessons and high professionalism. Whether you are a beginner or already advanced – our wide range of surf lesson options available to you will satisfy your wishes and requests.
During the lessons the coaches introduce surfing fundamentals, safety, wave dynamics, paddling skills, surfboard positioning, proper stand-up and riding techniques. All lessons will be organized according to your requirements in a way that each one of you will profit by it and gain an improvement of one’s own ability.
The camp will provide you all the equipment you need. The offered package includes surf material rental for surfboard, leash and wetsuit during the lessons.
In case a lesson can’t be put into practice due to weather conditions, we will make up for those lost hours by adding them to the following days or by replacing them with alternative activities such as SUP, kayak or boat trips, snorkeling or trekking.
High season: 15.06. – 31.08.2021
Low season: 01.03.2021 – 14.06.2021
Surf course package
Included per week:
- 7 nights accommodation (every room has it’s own balcony & bathroom)
- Daily breakfast
- 6x 2h surf lessons in low season / 4x 2h surf lessons in high season
- Surf equipment during lessons (Surfboard & Wetsuit)
- From Cagliari Airport: The fastest option is a taxi-transfer, which can be organized by us. Cost: € 90,00 one way during the day and € 120,00 one way at night, up to a maximum of 3 people (from 4 people the price increases by € 20,00).
- By public transport from Cagliari airport: train to Iglesias and then by bus from Iglesias to Buggerru (about € 10,00/person).
- If you prefer to be as independent as possible, we recommend renting a car directly at the airport in Cagliari (or Olbia).
- The island is also very easy to reach by ferry from Genoa, so you can arrive with your private car. Ferries from Genoa go both to Olbia in the north and to Cagliari in the south. A journey by ferry must be organized and booked by the guests themselves.
The boat trip is led by a local guide who will accompany you on the tour between two of the most important sights of mining archaeology: The Henry Gallery and Porto Flavia.
You start from the small port of Buggerru and at reduced speed you will visit well-known places like: Faraglioni, Su Forru, Canal Grande, Cala Domestica, Torre Pisana, Grotta Sardegna, Pan di Zucchero.
The tour includes a short break for swimming and bathing in one of the reserved coves.
On request the team can also organize trips to Costa Verde and Carloforte.
Duration of the tour: 2,5 hours
Price per person: 25€ (minimum 3 people, to be paid on site)
Private excursion for couples: 100€ (to be paid on site)
If you want to explore the coast on your own, you are welcome to rent a suitable boat, either half or full day. The organization and payment is always done directly on site.