The Porto Surf Experience is an exclusive premium offer. Suitable for people who appreciate a top service including tailor-made surf program.
Because here the guest is king: Together with the guide, each day is individually planned and customized to the wishes of the guests.
The Caminha Surf Experience takes you to the north of Portugal, right on the border with Spain. Less than an hour north of Porto, away from all the hustle and bustle, you will enjoy beautiful surf spots without crowds. The region around Caminha offers everything the surfer’s heart desires: endless beaches, empty surf spots with clean sea water, first-class gastronomy, stately accommodation, hospitable inhabitants and an authentic lifestyle.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced surfer: we offer individually tailored day programs for every level, including surf equipment and surf guide/coach.
4 REASONS FOR A SUDDEN RUSH SURF EXPERIENCE IN CAMINHA:
- Uncrowded surf beaches
- Premium accommodations with a lot of charm
- Local gastronomy with authentic cuisine
- Individual and exclusive packages, always arranged according to your wishes
There are two beautiful properties to choose from, both with swimming pool and different room options (single room, double room, family room). The romantic houses with their large gardens are the ideal place to relax after the excursions and surf sessions.
Casa de Esteiró
This 18th century manor house offers an idyllic garden with many cosy places to read and relax. Located at the mouth of the river «Minho», surrounded by impressive trees and close to the beaches.
Casa do Casal
This manor house was built in the early 80s from an ancient ruin and impresses with its large garden, river view and relaxed atmosphere. The 2000m2 plot is located in Seixas, just outside Caminha. In addition to the pool, many corners invite you to read and relax. There is also a vegetable garden, fruit trees and an «animal corner» with its own chickens, pheasants, ducks and canaries.
Along the 10 km long coastline there are up to 12 peaks with good surfing conditions. The surf coach/guide chooses the right surf spot every day, taking into account the direction of the swell, wind situation and tide.
Practically all spots have a sandy ground, which makes the surf beaches very pleasant, especially for beginners. And the water quality is excellent: it is awarded every year for its cleanliness, as is the sand quality.
The region offers suitable surf breaks for every level: from fast, hollow waves to comfortable, forgiving waves (to the right and left). On average with 60m surf, and in good conditions even more.
Season: In northern Portugal, you can surf all year round. From November to April the average swell is 5-6ft, from May to October 2-5ft.
Premium Surf Tour Package
- First-class accommodation
- Experienced tour guide
- Warm up sessions, specially designed for surfers
- Daily surf lessons or free surf session at suitable spots (depending on level)
- Surf equipment (surfboard, wetsuit, wax)
- Transfer from/to Porto Airport & any transfers to Caminha
- Excursions to the most beautiful areas of the region
The meals are not included.
They will be arranged directly on-site to ensure the greatest possible flexibility.
On request, we can also put together individual packages and longer stays are also possible.
– Pick-up from the airport in Porto (OPO)
– Check-in at the accommodation
– First surf session (depending on flight schedule)
– Meals as requested by the guest
– 1 or 2 surf sessions per day
– Excursions in the region
– Activities according to the customer’s wishes
– Recreation in the accommodation and on the beach
– Meals as requested by the guest
– Last surf session (depending on flight schedule)
– Check-out and departure towards Porto
– Stop in Viana do Castelo (depending on flight schedule)
– Farewell at Porto Airport
For more information
Surfing season: All year round
Best months for beginners: April to October
Best months for advanced skiers: September to May
Number of surf spots in the area: 12 spots
Capacity: max. 6 people
Cooking possibility: Yes
Free WiFi: In the centre of Caminha
Group size Surf course: max. 6 people per group
Language Surf Course: English
Guided Surf Tours: Yes
Airport transfers: Included
Preferred day of arrival: Arrival possible on any day, no requirements
Meals: arranged on-site & paid on site (restaurants, self-catering)
Other offers: Hiking, jogging, biking, culture, excursions, sightseeing in Porto, etc.
Rental car: Not necessary for the Premium Surf Tour
Surf Equipment: Inclusive (special wishes regarding board shape have to be announced early)
Suitable for: Couples, groups, families. Surf beginners to advanced surfers
Special: Closed in August